in collaboration with the Colorado Supreme Court

Call the Police

  • At any point, if you feel that you are in imminent harm or would like to report an incident of abuse, call 911.
  • You can also report a crime or incident of abuse after it occurs, when you do not feel in imminent danger, and call the non-emergency police phone number.


Domestic Violence Resources

If you or a loved one has experienced any form of domestic violence, there are a number of ways to get help.


Call a Crisis and Information Line

Contact a Community Organization

There are many organizations across Colorado who provide services to those who have experienced domestic violence.

If you live in the Denver Metro Area, the following organizations provide temporary shelter as well as additional services:[ar1]

SafeHouse Denver, Inc.
Denver, CO (Serving Denver County)
Crisis: 303.318.9989 *
Admin: 303.318.9959

Catholic Charities – Father Ed Judy House
Denver, CO (Serving Denver Metro Area)
Admin: 303.866.7641 (Not a crisis hotline)

Brandon Center (Volunteers of America)
Denver, CO (serves Denver metro area)

Family Tree
Wheat Ridge, CO (Serving Adams and Jefferson Counties)
Crisis: 303.420.6752 * (TTY available)
Admin: 303.420.0412

Gateway Battered Women’s Services
Aurora, CO (Serving Arapahoe County)
Crisis: 303.343.1851
Admin: 303.343.1856

Mountain Resource Center
Conifer, CO (Serving Jefferson County)
Supportive Services (non-crisis): 303.838-7552

Safehouse Progressive Alliance for Nonviolence
Boulder, CO (Serving Boulder County)
Crisis: 303.444.2424
Admin: 303.449.8623

Safe Shelter of St. Vrain Valley
Longmont, CO (Serving Boulder County)
Crisis: 303.772.4422*
Admin: 303.772.0432

Women’s Crisis & Family Outreach Center
Castle Rock, CO (Serving Douglas and Elbert Counties)
Crisis: 303.688.8484 (TTY available)
Admin: 303.688.1094

Crossroads Safehouse
Fort Collins, CO (serves Northern Colorado)
Crisis: 970-482-3502 or 1-888-541-SAFE (7233) (available 24/7)

Admin: 970.530.2353

Mountain Peace Shelter
Bailey, CO (serves mountain region)
Crisis: 303-838-8181 (available 24/7)

Admin: 303.838.7176

Arising Hope
Eastlake, CO
Crisis and Admin: 303-280-3180 (available 24/7)

A Woman's Place
Greeley, CO (serves Weld County)
Crisis: 970-356-4226 (available 24/7)
Admin: 866.356.4226

If you live in the Denver Metro Area, the following additional organizations provide services that range from crisis intervention, counseling, legal assistance, housing assistance, and many other services:

Rose Andom Center

1330 Fox St, Denver, CO 80204

(720) 337-4400

Servicios de la Raza

3131 W 14th Ave, Denver, CO 80204

(303) 458-5851

Keep in mind, most of the shelter services listed above also provide additional assistance.

If you live outside of the Denver Metro visit Colorado Coalition for Domestic Violence’s Get Help Page for a list of County Specific Resources

File for a Civil Protective Order

 A protection order is an order issued by the court that provides protection from harm by (1) any person who is or has been related to you by blood or marriage, (2) any person who has lived with you or lives with you now, or (3) any person with whom you have had an intimate relationship. 

If you would like more information about how to file a protection order click here.

[ar1]Maybe a link and another page for these resources?


I'm confused or stuck, and I want additional materials or resources.

I Need More Information

Have a question about a specific legal topic?

Click on the below button to access information, forms, and instructions on specific legal issues, such as how to sue in small claims court, file for divorce, etc.

Go to topics

Need to talk to a person?

Sometimes there is no substitute for contacting a live person. Quickly locate courts, self-help centers, legal aid services, legal assistance clinics, legal information events, and public libraries.

Contact Options